Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Stat.


I've known that the BirthSurvey is a terrific project. The theory behind this survey is marvelous: Bringing Transparency to Maternal Care. I've even previously blogged about it a few times. But honestly today is the first time that I've used it- and it's great (also, provided a very interesting link to New York birth demographic statistics...) Choices in Childbirth is another mighty resource for New York State Labor statistics.
My key questions was around episiotomy rates at a certain NYC hospital. A mom of mine said today that this was a big red flag with her provider. Naive me, I had sort of thought that they were a bit old fashioned...
- Here is what Mothering Magazine has to say about
episiotomies.
- Here is a post about when
episomoties are really necessary from Belly Tales.

No comments: